Noreen P. Healey is counsel in the Restaurant, Food Service & Hospitality, Government Relations, Litigation and Real Estate groups at Phillips Nizer where she represents individual entrepreneurs, as well as corporate owners of restaurants, entertainment establishments, hospitality groups and alcoholic beverage distributors. Ms. Healey is a former Commissioner of the New York State Liquor Authority, serving in that capacity for almost six years. During her tenure, she chaired the Taskforce for the Review of On-Premises Licensure and reported to the Governor recommendations to amend the Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) Law as it related to licensing retail establishments. Ms. Healey also served as an appellate attorney in District Attorneys’ Offices for more than eleven years. She has appeared before the United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit; the United States District Court, Eastern District of New York; the New York State Court of Appeals; and the Appellate Division, Second Department.
In addition to her experience as a state official and appellate attorney, Ms. Healey served as General Counsel for a multi-media company and in clerkships to New York State Supreme Court Justices. She received her J.D. degree in 1989 from St. John’s University School of Law. She earned her B.A. degree from Pine Manor College in 1985, where she graduated magna cum laude, class valedictorian, and was awarded the College President’s Cup for Outstanding Scholarship. She is licensed to practice in New York.
- New York City Bar Association, Restaurant and Hospitality Committee
- New York County Lawyers Association, Law Related Education Committee
- Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition from U.S. Congressman Hakeem S. Jeffries for outstanding and invaluable community service, 2015
- New York State Senate Citation from Senator John L. Sampson for outstanding citizenship, leadership, and dedication to the East New York community of Brooklyn, 2015
- St. John's University School of Law Alumni Achievement Award (Brooklyn/Queens Chapter) in recognition of her outstanding leadership in the legal community, 2010
- New York County Lawyers Association Law-Related Education Committee Pro-Bono Award for her commitment and work in teaching legal education to NYC school students, 2006