Employment & Labor Law
Corporate & Business Law
Cooperative and Condominium Law
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D.
- University of Michigan, B.A.
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Ct., SDNY
- U.S. District Ct., EDNY
Elana T. Henderson
Elana T. Henderson is a Counsel in the Litigation Department at Phillips Nizer LLP, in the New York office.Elana represents and counsels small and mid-size businesses and their executives in all aspects of daily operations. She also regularly represents Co-Op and Condominium Boards, as well as unit owners and shareholders. Elana is experienced in negotiating, analyzing, resolving and litigating contractual and business torts disputes, including employment, construction, and complex commercial issues.
Elana has experience in a wide range of litigation proceedings including successful mediations and jury trials. She also regularly acts as outside general counsel, managing risk and exposure to claims.
- Representing a business owner in the entertainment industry, bringing breach of contract claims against a former employee.
- Defending service industry professionals involved in wage and hour lawsuits.
- Defending talent management company against fraud claims brought by a former client.
- Successfully obtained a temporary restraining order and injunction on behalf of a board of managers of a residential condominium in New York City enjoining unit owners from depriving access to easements within the building.
- Defending contractors against construction defect claims.
- New York Metro Super Lawyers Magazine “Rising Star” and Top Rated General Litigation Attorney