PRACTICESCooperative and Condominium Law
- Yale Law School, J.D.
- Cornell University, B.S.
- New York
- U.S. District Ct., SDNY
- U.S. District Ct., EDNY
- U.S. Ct. of Appeals, 2nd Cir.
- U.S. Supreme Court
Elliott Meisel is a real estate partner in Phillips Nizer’s New York office and a nationally recognized authority in cooperative and condominium law.In addition to having converted many buildings to cooperative and condominium ownership and represented tenants associations in connection with conversions sponsored by others, he represents numerous New York co-ops and condominiums in all aspects of their operations including financings, alterations, contract negotiations and the development and implementation of policies and shareholder and owner relations. He also represents both individual and business clients in all aspects of their real estate ownership, including their acquisition, financing, development, leasing and optimizing their portfolios through tax sensitive disposition, by sale, conversion, Section 1031 Exchange or Opportunity Zone investment.
Prior to joining Phillips Nizer, Elliott was a partner and founder of Brill & Meisel, a leading New York real estate law firm with a specialization in cooperative and condominium law since 1979.
- American Bar Association: Real Property & Probate Trust, Co-op and Condo Committees
- New York City Bar Association: Real Property Law, Co-op and Condo, Land Use Planning and Zoning, and Aeronautics Committees
- Council of New York Cooperatives
- Sagaponack Zoning Board of Appeals, Chairman
- Sag Harbor Cinema Counsel
- Cornell University Library Advisory and Real Estate Councils
- Super Lawyer (2010-2020)
- Council of New York Co-ops
- The Cooperator
- Habitat Magazine
- The Real Deal
- NY Times Real Estate and Q&A Columns
- Acquisition & Financing of land underlying leasehold co-op at Two Fifth Avenue
- Tenant sponsored co-op conversion of 151 East 83rd Street
- Acquisition & conversion to artist co-ops of Soho and Tribeca loft buildings.
- Co-op to Cond-op conversion of 543 Broadway