PRACTICESReal Estate and Governmental Relations
Corporate & Business Law
Banking & Finance
Business Organization and Dissolution
- Rutgers School of Law, J.D.
- Wesleyan University, B.A.
- New Jersey
- New York
Sumana L. Murthy
Sumana L. Murthy is an associate in the Real Estate Practice and focuses on the sale and acquisition of commercial properties and real estate financing.Sumana’s practice is focused on commercial and residential real estate transactions as well as general business transactions in New York and New Jersey. She represents lenders and borrowers in real estate finance transactions, parties to the sale and acquisition of multi-family and mixed-use properties, and owners and tenants in commercial leases. Additionally, she has represented buyers and sellers in asset and stock transactions, small and mid-size business owners in LLC and corporate formation and organization matters, and condominium and cooperative associations.
- South Asian Bar Association of New Jersey, Past Secretary and Public Relations Director
- South Asian Bar Association of New York, Women’s Initiatives and Gender Equity Committee Member, Past Vice President of Public Relations
- Wesleyan Asian American Alumni Counsel, Past Chair
Recent Media and Speaking Engagments
- Ally Law - Meet Sumana Murthy: Young Leader from New York (February 2021)
- Ally Law - Skills and Strategies for Tomorrow's Leaders (November 2020)
Foreign Language Competencies
- Hindi (conversational)
- Telugu (conversational)
- Super Lawyers Rising Star - Real Estate (2020)