- Tulane University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1995
- Columbia College, B.A., 1992
- New York
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Ct., SDNY
- U.S. District Ct., EDNY
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Cir.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Cir.
Home » » Attorneys » » Jared R. Clark
Jared R. Clark
New York Office
phone: (212) 841-0514
fax: (212) 262-5152
Jared Clark is a commercial litigator in the firm’s Litigation Department. His practice focuses on creditors’ rights, director and officer liability, trade secrets, and complex contractual disputes.
Jared represents a wide range of financial industry clients, including banks, hedge funds, institutional bondholders and other creditors in a variety of business disputes. Much of Jared’s litigation and advisory work involves insolvency and restructuring, both in and out of Chapter 11 proceedings.
Jared also has extensive experience representing international clients in commercial disputes in federal and state courts across the country.
- Represented major secured creditor in the City of Detroit Bankruptcy (Law360, 4/11/14, “Detroit’s $85M UBS, Merrill Lynch Swaps Deal Wins Approval”).
- Represented the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of LandAmerica Financial Group and the LFG Liquidation Trust (470 B.R. 759). This matter included the pursuit of breach of duty claims against former officers and directors.
- Represented multiple defendants in “clawback” litigation brought by the Trustee of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC.
- Represented the plan administrators in the Refco Inc. Chapter 11 cases, including the prosecution of claims objections and avoidance actions.
- Represented major creditors in the bankruptcy cases of Lehman Brothers, General Motors, Delta, Delphi, Enron and Lyondell Chemical, including matters involving the prosecution of claims and the defense of fraudulent conveyance actions and claims objections.
- Obtained judgment for Hyundai Engineering against Republic of Iraq and Central Bank of Iraq in connection with construction and funding of a power station in Iraq (794 N.Y.S. 2d 327 (1st Dept. 2005); 2003 WL 22251349 (S.D.N.Y)).
- IFLR1000, Rising Star, Restructuring and Insolvency (2014)