Jay Kim is a real estate attorney whose practice areas include commercial and residential real estate transactions, lender representation, commercial and office leasing, and condominium and cooperative law.
Mr. Kim received his B.A. from Cornell University in 1997 and his J.D. from St. John’s University School of Law in 2000, as the recipient of the Sir Thomas More full-tuition scholarship. Mr. Kim is admitted to practice law in the State Courts of New York, as well as the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York.
Mr. Kim currently represents commercial and residential investors, commercial, SBA and residential lenders, condominium and cooperative boards, developers, investors, and individual homeowners.
Mr. Kim’s past and current clients include Citibank, N.A., First Republic Bank, KEB Hana Bank, Wells Fargo N.A., Capital One Bank, Shinhan Bank America, EastWest Bank, Shake-N-Go Fashion, MCM Products USA Inc., as well as a vast array of commercial and residential investors.
Mr. Kim’s recent transactions of note include:
- Representation of lender in acquisition of $55,000,000.00 commercial property
- Representation of lender on $11,500,000.00 commercial loan
- Representation of lender on $5,000,000.00 SBA construction loan
- Representation of borrower on $55,000,000.00 commercial loan
- Representation of seller in sale of $39,000,000.00 commercial property
- Representation of purchaser in acquisition of $26,500,000.00 commercial property
- Representation of purchaser in acquisition of $16,000,000.00 condominium project
- Representation of developer in connection with conversion of 33 unit condominium