Corporate & Business Law
Phillips Nizer's Corporate & Business Law Practice is substantial and wide-ranging. We are familiar with and continue to be alert to the efficiencies of cost and personnel demanded by growing companies in highly competitive industries. Our Corporate lawyers provide securities representation to both issuers and underwriters, and general counseling to clients with regard to their businesses. We counsel clients in all types of corporate work, both domestic and international, ranging from the structure of sophisticated business transactions to the sale of securities through public and private offerings, to day-to-day corporate housekeeping. We have represented many of our clients for decades in all aspects of their businesses, throughout their growth from family or closely-held firms of modest size to large, publicly held or more sophisticatedly capitalized firms.
Our corporate clients include banks and bank holding companies; hospitals and managed care physician organizations; apparel companies and haute couture designers; manufacturers; converters; charities and other not-for-profit entities; professional corporations and associations; modeling and personnel agencies; insurance agencies and brokers; communications firms; cosmetic and drug companies; chemical companies; advertising companies; travel agencies; investment banking firms; underwriters; and broker-dealers. Clients include NYSE, AMEX and NASDAQ reporting companies.
DIVERSITY OF PRACTICE
The firm's Corporate & Business Law Practice encompasses:
- Providing ongoing general corporate and regulatory advice;
- Public and private offerings of securities in domestic and foreign markets for a broad spectrum of issuers and underwriters;
- Setting up and structuring for profit and not-for-profit ventures;
- Mergers and acquisitions;
- Negotiating and drafting licensing agreements, especially in the apparel, computer, and entertainment fields;
- Ongoing securities regulatory and reporting work;
- Workout and debt restructuring;
- Representing banks and corporate trustees in connection with debt securities and their obligations thereunder;
- Guiding clients in the rapidly changing and evolving world of computer, internet and high-technology law, and its impact on virtually every area of the law.
The Corporate Department consists of attorneys with a broad range of skills and experience. Many of the partners in the Corporate Department have lectured and written extensively in their areas of concentration. The partners are well known in their fields and are members of related bar association committees. The attorneys in the department have broad-based expertise in the commercial, corporate and securities practice areas.
Related Practice Areas