Sports LawPhillips Nizer LLP’s Sports Law Practice leverages the legal and business expertise of our attorneys to service the unique needs of sports and entertainment celebrities and their representatives. Our practice provides value to our clients by facilitating, through partnership arrangements, athlete endorsements, sponsorships, appearances, board placements and licensing opportunities. We have represented a diverse group of athletes and related organizations in the sports of baseball, basketball, football and hockey. We offer legal support to agents engaged in contract negotiations on behalf of athletes and celebrities, and our firm is well-positioned to advise on trust and estate, real estate, tax, intellectual property, immigration and matrimonial matters.
Our experience and services include the representation of athletes, agents and other parties in the following areas:
- Advisory and tactical support for athletes, celebrities and agents in contract negotiations (including tax and estate planning);
- Licensing, sponsorship, appearances, marketing, memorabilia and merchandising;
- Evaluating and documenting investments and legal due diligence on other business opportunities;
- Commercial litigation matters (including breach of contract, copyright and trademark infringement);
- Establishing and protecting intellectual property rights;
- Sports facility development and financing (including naming rights); and
- Development, financing and sales/acquisitions of sports franchises and events.
Our sports lawyers have extensive experience representing alumni of franchises and athletes that share a common distinction by organizing them into revenue-generating enterprises.
We also have access to numerous athletes that may be suitable to serve as members of boards of directors, as celebrity spokespersons and endorsement personalities for private and public companies.
|Edward H. Schauder|