Alan Behr is a partner in the Corporate & Business Law Department and Intellectual Property Practice, and chairman of the Fashion Practice at Phillips Nizer LLP. Mr. Behr concentrates his practice on international intellectual property, fashion and entertainment law. He represents established and up-and-coming businesses and individuals in the fields of electronic entertainment, emerging technologies, publishing, fashion, and consumer products.
In addition to his intellectual property and technology practice, Mr. Behr, a trained mediator, maintains an arbitration and mediation practice handling ADR cases both as an advocate and as a neutral.
Mr. Behr is regularly invited to write for legal and general-interest journals and to speak at international legal and business conferences. He is recognized as one of the leading intellectual property lawyers in Best Lawyers in America and Super Lawyers. Mr. Behr is a member of the International Trademark Association’s Panel of Neutrals, which is the world’s only panel of trained mediators who focus on trademark and unfair competition law.
Mr. Behr, a dual U.S.-German national, is fluent in German and is a member of our German Practice, where he provides counsel to clients from Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
Prior to joining Phillips Nizer, Mr. Behr was general counsel of w-Technologies, Inc. and Atari, Inc. (formerly GT Interactive Software Corp.).
- Concluded licenses for hundreds of games for the launch and operation of a premier legacy games broadband network.
- Represented a major fashion label on the development of its worldwide licensing program.
- Guided a major electronics company through its Western Hemisphere launch of its new hand-held wireless entertainment platform.
- Helped implement the launch of state-of-the-art game platforms and new mobile services for leading electronics and entertainment concerns.
- Provided full legal services in the development of massively multiplayer online games for, respectively, a major United States television network and a European-based entertainment group.
- Represents print publishers, authors and literary agents in the development and publication of books and journals and in their transition to electronic publishing.
- Provides ongoing anti-counterfeiting, trademark enforcement and other IP protection activities for leading European and American luxury and general-market brands.
- Coordinates and implements legal compliance for promotions, including sweepstakes and contests, for consumer products companies.
- Represents companies in all aspects of complex technology transactions, including software development and licensing and hardware acquisition agreements.
For Alan Behr's most recent articles, please click here.
Peer Review Rating:
- International Trademark Association (INTA) (Member, Panel of Neutrals)
- Copyright Society of the USA
- German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property
Foreign Language Competencies: