Borne out of decades of transactional and private client relationships, Phillips Nizer LLP's Israel Practice capitalizes on the legal and pragmatic business expertise of attorneys within our Corporate, Litigation, Real Estate, Tax, Fashion & Apparel, Intellectual Property and Trusts & Estates teams. Phillips Nizer LLP is a leader in providing our Israeli clients with cross-border American legal services. The firm represents a growing array of Israeli clients, including large public and private companies, institutional and individual investors, fashion designers and retailers.
In line with our firm's long-standing practice of efficient representation, we carefully assess our client's needs prior to engagement, providing the pros and cons of potential decisions, including the most cost-effective solutions. This approach builds trust between clients and attorneys and fosters a stronger, more enduring working relationship.
The Israel Practice at Phillips Nizer provides counsel in the following areas:
- Business expansions in the United States, including investments in emerging markets and established companies and launches of new enterprises;
- Real estate development and investments, including commercial, office, multi-family and hospitality properties, as well as personal residential purchases;
- Litigation and arbitration in all civil and commercial disputes, including exploring the most cost effective strategies, often involving early settlement or alternative dispute resolution. We have represented Israeli clients in litigation throughout the United States;
- Business tax planning, including the selection of the appropriate forms of organization for new enterprises, as well as identifying the most desirable method of re-organizing, acquiring or disposing of a business or business asset;
- Financing and partnership development related to the launch, expansion and distribution of fashion and apparel businesses of public and privately-held domestic and foreign designers, manufacturers and retailers;
- Protection of intellectual property portfolios, as well as trademark registration and defense;
- International and transnational personal estate and succession planning and wealth administration for U.S. citizens with assets in Israel and non-U.S. residents with substantial assets in the United States.
In addition to having the social, political and cultural understanding of the environment of Israel, many of our attorneys have personal ties to the nation and some are fluent in Hebrew. We are available in person to our clients in Israel by making regular visits throughout the year and whenever situations dictate.
Further cementing a commitment to Israel-U.S. relationships, Phillips Nizer is a member of the Israel-America Chamber of Commerce in Tel Aviv and the America-Israel Chamber of Commerce and Industry in New York, and continues to support Jewish charities and organizations in the United States and abroad.
For more information regarding Phillips Nizer LLP's Israel Practice, please contact our co-chairs Marc A. Landis (email@example.com) and N. Ari Weisbrot (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To read about our Israel Practice in Hebrew, please click here. To learn more about the broader International Practice at the firm, please click here.