Lisa R. Radetsky co-chairs the real estate practice at Phillips Nizer. Her practice focuses on the representation of developers in acquiring, financing, constructing and converting properties to condominium or cooperative ownership and the representation of non-profit organizations in the conversion of properties to condominium ownership to secure exemptions from the payment of real estate taxes. She prepares and drafts cooperative and condominium offering plans for vacant and occupied residential properties and mixed-use projects and handles the registration of such offering plans with government agencies. In addition, her practice includes the drafting and creation of fee and leasehold commercial condominiums including the preparation of all requisite "no action" letter applications in connection therewith.
Lisa’s experience also includes a broad range of transactional matters including acquisitions and sales, and lending including construction financing and mezzanine lending, and leasing. Recently, she has represented developers in the acquisition of properties for residential developments in which the commercial space and/or the community facility space will be retained by the Seller. Lisa is often consulted as special counsel to perform due diligence for lenders extending financing for condominium projects. Lisa’s extensive experience includes structuring transactions and the preparation of operating agreements creating ownership structures to achieve the business objectives of her clients. She also represents boards of condominiums and cooperatives in a variety of legal matters, including advice regarding amendments and restatements of their governing documents.
- Conversion of a building designed for laboratory research into a fee condominium for Cornell University and the sale of a Unit located therein to the City University of New York.
- Representation of Cornell University in the negotiation of a net lease and the creation of a leasehold condominium for designed for laboratory research and the sale of a unit therein to the Hospital for Special Surgery.
- Creation of a leasehold condominium for Open Society Institute n/k/a The Open Society Foundations, and the subsequent conveyance of units to the sublessor.
- Represented developer in connection with the acquisition of a development site and the subsequent acquisition of available development rights and the right to cantilever over an adjacent property.
- Represented Grace Church School in the creation of a leasehold condominium and the subsequent conveyance of units to the lessor and the securing of an exemption from real estate taxes.
- Creation of a fee condominium and a leasehold condominium for the Durst Organization to facilitate bond financing of buildings containing affordable housing units.
- Represented the Icahn Medical School at Mount Sinai in the creation of a leasehold condominium.
- Represented developer in acquisition and construction financing involving three tiers of mezzanine financing.
- Represented developer in the creation of a homeowner's association.
- Represented a cooperative in connection with the sale of a portion of its property, and the available development rights in exchange for cash consideration and improvements in kind including a below grade easement for parking.
Lisa’s offering plans for the conversion of rental buildings include the Nolita Place Condominium at 199 Bowery, the 22 Riverside Drive Condominium and the 235 West 71st Street Condominium. She also has prepared plans for The Sweeney Building and the 70 Washington Street Condominiums in DUMBO. Her recent projects include the 25-27 Mercer Street Condominium, the 471 Washington Street Condominium, the One North Moore Condominium, the 11 North Moore Condominium and 290 West Street in TriBeCa.
- Selected for inclusion in the Super Lawyers® - Metro New York Edition (Real Estate: Business), 2015 - 2017