- Hofstra University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Rochester, B.A.
- New York
- U.S. Dist. Ct., SDNY
- U.S. Dist. Ct., EDNY
Charles P. LaPolla
Charles P. LaPolla is a partner in the Intellectual Property practice and chairs the Trademark practice at Phillips Nizer LLP in the New York office.Charles represents clients in all aspects of trademark law in the entertainment, fashion, cosmetics and jewelry industries. He counsels clients in domestic and foreign prosecution matters, internet and domain disputes, oppositions and cancellations proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB) and trademark litigation.
He has extensive experience with copyright law and unfair competition, including misappropriation of trade secrets and deceptive trade practices and other intellectual property litigation matters.
Charles is often called upon to lecture at conferences and seminars, which has included the International Trademark Association program, “Trademark Trial and Appeal Board Procedures for Advanced Practitioners” and “Monetary Relief in Trademark and Trade Dress Cases” for the New York Intellectual Property Law Association and Fordham University School of Law.
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- New York Intellectual Property Association
- New York State Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section, Member
- Super Lawyers® - Metro New York Edition (Intellectual Property Litigation), (2023)