PRACTICESTrusts and Estates
Private Client Services
- Albany Law School, JD
- University of Notre Dame, AB
- New York
- U.S. District Court, NDNY
Maura Murphy has been advising clients and implementing wealth transfer and tax reduction strategies for more than 30 years.She counsels individuals in their estate planning needs, implementing a variety of tax reduction strategies via lifetime restructuring of assets, gift programs, revocable trusts, irrevocable life insurance trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts and other types. These strategies are all designed to balance the client’s tax reduction goals with a desire to retain control or income flow from assets.
Maura has extensive experience in estate and trust administration, representing both individuals and institutions as executors and trustees. She has guided many individuals and families through the process of probate and estate administration, settlement of tax issues, opportunities for tax reduction during estate administration, informal and judicial accountings and the final distribution of assets, as well as contested probate and litigated accounting matters.
In addition, Maura has experience advising clients on planning and administering multi-national estates, proper planning for non-citizen spouses and investment in U.S. real estate by non-resident aliens.
Areas of concentration
- Probate and avoidance of probate
- Estate, gift and generation skipping taxation, preparation of returns and audits
- Fiduciary income taxation
- Use of corporate entities and life insurance in estate planning and asset protection
- Planning for non-citizen spouses
- Contested probate
- Contested accountings
- Asset protection
Her clients include
- Small business owners
- High net worth individuals
- Non-resident aliens with US interests
- Individual and corporate executors
- Individual and corporate trustees
- International estates with multi-national tax issues
- Beneficiaries contesting wills, accountings or other fiduciary actions
- Real estate investors
If you had a Will, trust or other estate planning documents prepared at Eaton & Van Winkle LLP (now closed) and are seeking the original documents, we may have them. Please contact Maura Murphy (firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-841-0509) for more information.