Israel Practice (Hebrew)
- New York University School of Law, J.D.
- Brooklyn College, City University of New York (CUNY), B.A., cum laude
- New York
- Court of Appeals, 2nd Cir.
- Court of Appeals, 11th Cir.
- US Dist. Ct., SDNY
- US Dist. Ct., EDNY
Perry S. Galler
Perry S. Galler is a senior counsel in the Litigation Department at Phillips Nizer. For almost 20 years, he served as the firm's Managing Partner and later Administrative Partner until January 2017. He joined the firm in 1972 after graduating from New York University School of Law.Mr. Galler has had wide and varied experience counseling and representing corporations, partnerships, individuals, closely-held business entities and not-for-profit corporations in sophisticated litigations at the trial and appellate levels, commercial and securities arbitrations and various forms of alternative dispute resolution. Representative areas of his practice include contract law, corporate disputes, defamation, fashion and textile industry matters, creditors' rights, employment disputes, complex commercial lease controversies and construction.
Mr. Galler has litigated in the New York State and Federal Courts, Surrogate's Court and arbitration forums, and has handled administrative proceedings before state and city agencies, including the Attorney General's Office, the Department of Environmental Conservation, the State Liquor Authority and the New York City Department of Consumer Affairs.
He has served as sole arbitrator and panel chairman in various arbitration proceedings. He has also been a speaker on arbitration issues, alternative forms of dispute resolution and law firm management matters.
Mr. Galler has been Counsel to The Jewish Week, a highly respected print and online newspaper serving the Greater New York Jewish community. He is also a former president of the Yeshivah of Flatbush.
Peer Review RatingAV Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- American Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
- American Apparel and Footwear Association
- Selected as a 2015 BTI Client Service All-Star; One of 354 individual attorneys recognized through independent interviews conducted by The BTI Consulting Group of legal decision-makers, including in-house corporate counsel, within the world's leading organizations.
- Selected as a 2013 "Top Rated Lawyer" in Commercial Litigation by American Lawyer Media (ALM) and Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected as a "Super Lawyer" in the 2009 - 2012 Super Lawyers - Business Edition (Business Litigation)
- Selected as a "Super Lawyer" in Business Litigation, Alternative Dispute Resolution and General Litigation (2006 - 2011) in the New York Super Lawyers - Metro Edition
- Selected as a New York "Super Lawyer" in the 2008 Corporate Counsel Edition