PRACTICESCooperative and Condominium Law
- Fordham Law School, J.D.
- Columbia College, A.B.
- New York
- U.S. District Ct., SDNY
- U.S. District Ct., EDNY
- U.S. Ct. of Appeals, 2nd Cir.
Mark N. Axinn
Tel: (212) 841-0503
Fax: (212) 262-5152V-Card
Mark N. Axinn chairs the firm’s Cooperative and Condominium practice and is a real estate partner in Phillips Nizer’s New York office.Mark’s practice focuses on general representation of cooperative and condominium associations, sponsor/developers, holders of unsold shares and individual property owners and businesses.
Mark has over 35 years of experience drafting and closing offering plans to convert multi-family and mixed-use properties to cooperative and condominium ownership. He also has performed all aspects of conveyancing and financing real property, including apartment and commercial buildings, individual cooperative and condominium apartments, and blocks of unsold shares and units.
Mark has drafted, negotiated and coordinated the creation and transfers of commercial leaseholds including providing general and corporate advice to associations, investors, businesses, retail and office clients.
He also has extensive commercial litigation experience in both state and federal courts including all aspects of pre-trial motion practice, trials and appeals.
Mark served as Chair of the New York State Libertarian Party from 2010-2015.
- How to Protect Your Co-op When Granting Share Transfers to a Trust, Legal Talk, November 2022
- Q&A: Where's Our Meeting?: New York Cooperator News, December 2021
- Proportionate Shares Are Set in Stone, Habitat Magazine, November 2021
- Cooperator Monthly Q&A Column, New York Cooperator News, October 2021
- Co-op Boards Getting Ready for the Reopening of Housing Court, Habitat Magazine, August 19, 2021
- Good News for Co-ops and Condos: Sponsors are Selling, Habitat Magazine, July 8, 2021
- 511 West 232nd Owners Corp. v. Jennifer Realty Co., 98 N.Y.2d 144 (2002)(appeal from motion to dismiss action compelling sponsor/developer to sell unsold shares)
- Lenox Grand Condominium v. DSW Lenox LLC, 111 A.D.3d 467 (1st Dep’t 2013)(successful appeal to collect unpaid common charges from delinquent owner of commercial condominium units)
- Glenridge Mews Condominium v. Kavi, 90 A.D.3d 604 (2d Dep’t 2011)(won appeal of order denying full legal fees and expenses incurred in condominium foreclosure action)
- Katz v. 251 West 91st Street Corp., 215 A.D.2d 265 (1st Dep’t 1995)(successful appeal to enforce cooperative rule prohibiting planters on private terraces that could damage building’s roof)