Business and Financial Services
Our Business and Financial Services professionals represent diverse institutional and individual clients in a vast range of business-related legal matters, including:
- Organizing new business entities and drafting agreements among business owners;
- Raising capital through public and private securities offerings and venture capital financings;
- Purchasing and selling businesses and making business investments;
- Ongoing general corporate and regulatory advice;
- Negotiating and drafting licensing agreements and other commercial contracts, especially in the apparel, technology, and entertainment fields;
- Securities regulatory and reporting work;
- Workout and debt restructurings;
- Representing borrowers and lenders in connection with loan transactions; and
- Guiding clients in the rapidly evolving realm of technology law and its cross-disciplinary impacts.
We represent clients from a wide variety of industries, including finance, technology, art, fashion and apparel, energy distribution, publishing, software development, entertainment, and real estate development and ownership. Many of our clients are foreign businesses or the domestic subsidiaries or affiliates of foreign businesses. We frequently act as outside general counsel for those clients that do not have in-house counsel.
Our professionals have broad-based expertise in the commercial, corporate, financial, and securities practice areas, and we collaborate with attorneys across departments to handle all legal issues arising from business or financial transactions.