Real Estate and Governmental RelationsPhillips Nizer's Real Estate practice represents institutional and entrepreneurial real estate investors, real estate developers (including developers of affordable housing projects and brownfield sites, banks and other real estate lending institutions), landlords and tenants, corporate owner-occupants and high-net-worth families in the full range of real estate matters, including the acquisition, sale, financing, leasing, development, restructuring, syndication and management of commercial and residential properties. Our clients’ portfolios include commercial, industrial, mixed-use, retail, hotels, cooperatives, condominiums and multi-family properties.
Our Real Estate professionals stay abreast of current trends, industry news and local laws by leading and serving in professional, industry, bar and community associations, including the City Bar of New York, the New York State Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), and the Council of New York Cooperatives and Condominiums (CNYC).
Our services include:
- Acquiring and selling office, commercial and multi-family residential properties, including tax-deferred transactions under Internal Revenue Code §1031.
- Commercial real estate financing, including acquisition, construction, mezzanine, leasehold and permanent financing transactions, workout negotiations and restructurings on behalf of lenders, owners and tenants.
- Representing cooperative housing corporations and residential and commercial condominium associations.
- Converting vacant and occupied residential properties to cooperative or condominium ownership.
- Private and public offerings of real property investment interests.
- Retail, showroom, office, warehouse, triple net and other commercial leasing transactions on behalf of a broad spectrum of clients, including fashion and apparel designers, energy companies, medical practices, investment groups and real property owners.
- Zoning and other governmental regulation of land use, including licensing for restaurant and entertainment facilities.
- Tax certiorari proceedings and defense of eminent domain proceedings on behalf of real property owners and tenants.
- Estate planning for family-owned real estate, including creation of trusts, family limited partnerships and limited liability companies and structuring transactions, including gifts, annuities and sales.
- Residential real estate transactions on behalf of individuals, cooperative corporations and condominium sponsors.
Our real estate litigators focus on real estate and finance litigation, including:
- Contentious and complex real estate foreclosure actions, mezzanine and other secured loan foreclosures under the Uniform Commercial Code.
- Distressed real estate or debt transactions, including due diligence.
- Lawsuits on behalf of sellers and buyers or property owners and commercial tenants.
- Disputes involving lien priority, brokerage matters and cooperative and condominium laws.
- Partition and encroachment actions.
- Joint venture, partnership or limited liability company disputes, especially where primary business is related to real estate.
We provide our clients with comprehensive and well-rounded advice by drawing upon the experience of our colleagues in our Corporate & Business Law, Environmental, Land Use & Government Relations, Tax and Litigation groups.
|Marc A. Landis
Lisa R. Radetsky
Mark N. Axinn
Allen H. Brill
Thomas L. Fuerth
Edward G. Imperatore
Jay H. Kim
Kevin B. McGrath
Robert L. Bachner
Jillian K. Markowitz
Steven J. Rabinowitz