PRACTICESReal Estate and Governmental Relations
Corporate & Business Law
Private Client Services
Banking & Finance
Business Organization and Dissolution
- New York University School of Law, LL.M (Taxation)
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D.
- Princeton University, A.B.
- New York
- New Jersey
- District of Columbia
Marc A. Landis
Marc Landis untangles complex legal and transactional issues, often where they intersect with government policies. He serves as the Managing Partner of Phillips Nizer LLP, co-chairs the firm’s Real Estate Practice and Israel Practice, and is a member of the Corporate PracticeMarc maintains a diverse real estate transactional practice focused on the acquisition, development and preservation of affordable multifamily housing, commercial leasing matters, the representation of lenders and borrowers in real estate financing transactions, loan workouts and foreclosures, architectural and construction agreements, and the representation of cooperative corporations and condominium associations, and also includes the acquisition and sale of residential and other real estate properties. His clients include regional and national clients as well as in-bound work from international clients. Marc is the firm's official member of the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC).
Marc’s corporate transactional practice includes representation of investment fund sponsors, closely-held businesses and entrepreneurs providing them with general corporate, structuring and tax advice. His corporate practice includes clients involved in technology, licensing and non-fungible tokens (NFTs). From 2017-2023, Marc served as Vice President and member of the Executive Board of Ally Law, an alliance of over 60 law firms in more than 40 countries.
Marc serves on the North American Board of Trustees of the Union for Reform Judaism, and as a member of its Executive Board and the Religious Action Center’s Commission on Social Action. He formerly served on the executive board of the Council of New York Cooperatives and Condominiums (CNYC), and is the past chairperson of the New York City chapter of Citizen Action of New York. He is an elected member of the New York State Democratic Committee from the Upper West Side of Manhattan. He was elected as a delegate to the 2020 Democratic National Convention, and formerly served as an officer and member of Community Board 7 in Manhattan, and as a chief of staff and counsel to a member of the New York State Legislature.
In 2015, Marc was presented with a Distinguished Achievement Award for Corporate Social Responsibility by City & State Reports. Previously, he has been honored by Manhattan Legal Services and Legal Services of New York for his pro bono assistance to limited-income tenants who were facing eviction from two women’s residences in Manhattan, and by the New York State Bar Association with the President’s Pro Bono Service Award for his dedication as an attorney-activist on behalf of community-based health, education and social services organizations. Currently, Marc serves as pro bono counsel to many educational, religious, community and block associations.
Peer Review RatingAV Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Fashion Law BlogThe Fashion Industry Law Blog, includes posts published by the members of the Fashion Law Practice of Phillips Nizer LLP and attorneys in other related practice areas.
- New York City Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association (Business Law, Real Property Law, Trusts & Estates Law Sections)
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- City & State Reports Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Award for "Distinguished Achievement in Legal and Community Services"
- New York State Bar Association'd President's Pro Bono Service Award
- Manhattan Legal Services, Legal Advocacy Award
- City & State New York Law Power 100 List (2020 - 2022)
- CRE Connect Media 2020 Lawyers in Real Estate Award (Inaugural List)
- Super Lawyers® - Metro New York Edition (Real Estate), (2009 - 2023)
- Super Lawyers® - Business Edition (Construction, Real Estate & Environmental) Edition (2012 – Present)
- Super Lawyers® - Corporate Counsel Edition (2010 – Present)
- Best Lawyers - New York Real Estate (2020-2022)