PRACTICESReal Estate and Governmental Relations
Banking & Finance
Corporate & Business Law
Israel Practice (Hebrew)
Private Client Services
- New York Univ. School of Law, LL.M (Taxation)
- Univ. of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D.
- Princeton Univ., A.B.
- New York
- New Jersey
- District of Columbia
Marc A. Landis
Marc Landis is the Managing Partner of Phillips Nizer LLP and also co-chairs the firm’s Real Estate Practice.Marc maintains a diverse real estate and corporate transactional practice focused on the acquisition, development and preservation of affordable housing, commercial leasing matters, the representation of lenders and borrowers in real estate financing transactions, loan workouts and foreclosures, architectural and construction agreements, and the representation of cooperative corporations and condominium associations. His practice includes the acquisition and sale of residential and other real estate properties, providing ongoing general corporate and estate planning advice to individuals and closely-held businesses, guardianship matters, and Cuban travel-related transaction licensing and compliance. Marc is the firm's official member of the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC).
Marc serves on the North American Board of Trustees of the Union for Reform Judaism, and as a member of its Oversight Committee and the Religious Action Center’s Commission on Social Action. He formerly served on the executive board of the Council of New York Cooperatives and Condominiums (CNYC), and is the past chairperson of the New York City chapter of Citizen Action of New York. He is an elected Democratic Party district leader on the Upper West Side of Manhattan and an elected member of the New York State Democratic Committee. He was elected as a delegate to the 2020 Democratic National Convention, and formerly served as an officer and member of Community Board 7 in Manhattan, and as a chief of staff and counsel to a member of the New York State Legislature. Since 2017, Marc has served as Vice President and member of the Executive Board of Ally Law (ally-law.com), an alliance of over sixty law firms in more than forty countries.
In 2015, Marc was presented with a Distinguished Achievement Award for Corporate Social Responsibility by City & State Reports. Previously, he has been honored by Manhattan Legal Services and Legal Services of New York for his pro bono assistance to limited-income tenants who were facing eviction from two women’s residences in Manhattan, and by the New York State Bar Association with the President’s Pro Bono Service Award for his dedication as an attorney-activist on behalf of community-based health, education and social services organizations. Currently, Marc serves as pro bono counsel to many educational, religious, community and block associations.
Peer Review RatingAV Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Fashion Law BlogThe Fashion Industry Law Blog, includes posts published by the members of the Fashion Law Practice of Phillips Nizer LLP and attorneys in other related practice areas.
- New York City Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association (Business Law, Real Property Law, Trusts & Estates Law Sections)
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- City & State Reports Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Award for "Distinguished Achievement in Legal and Community Services" (2015)
- New York State Bar Assn., President's Pro Bono Service Award
- Manhattan Legal Services, Legal Advocacy Award
- CRE Connect Media 2020 Lawyers in Real Estate Award (Inaugural List)
- Recognized by City & State New York in the "The 2020 Law Power 100" List
- Super Lawyers® - Metro New York Edition (Real Estate), (2009 - 2020)
- Super Lawyers® - Business Edition (Construction, Real Estate & Environmental) Edition (2012 – Present)
- Super Lawyers® - Corporate Counsel Edition (2010 – Present)
- Best Lawyers - New York Real Estate (2020-2021)