For more than 70 years, our Fashion attorneys have led the way in the most pressing legal developments in the fashion and luxury goods industries. We provide our clients with both knowledge and experience: we understand the fashion industry and the unique challenges facing our fashion and luxury goods clients. Our responses are cost-effective and always centered on delivering practical, business-based solutions designed to meet our clients’ objectives.
Our fashion and luxury goods clients include leading domestic and foreign manufacturers, retailers and designers of apparel, accessories, leather goods, eyewear, jewelry and watches, fragrances, cosmetics, children’s products and textiles.
Our services include:
- Corporate/business: We handle everything from formation of a company to its operation and growth. We draft, negotiate, and close transactions unique to the fashion and luxury goods businesses, from shop-in-shop agreements to buying agency agreements.
- Intellectual property: We develop and protect trademarks, copyrights, design patents and trade secrets.
- Licensing: We develop and implement all types of fashion industry licenses, from the simple licensure of a trademark into a new product category to the complex licensure of integrated branding and design rights across multiple product categories.
- Litigation, arbitration and mediation: We assert and defend claims for trademark, trade dress and copyright infringement, protection of trade secrets and confidential information, and rights of publicity and privacy, and we represent clients in general commercial litigation and dispute resolution.
- Real Estate: We bring brick and mortar opportunities to leading fashion, apparel and textile companies. We frequently represent our clients in the leasing of flagship stores, freestanding and on-line retail sites, corporate offices, showrooms, and warehouses, as well as licensing for retail.
- Employment & Labor: We represent management in all aspects of employment law, including wage and hour and labor law, and we negotiate agreements for executives.
Our Fashion professionals also work closely with professionals in our Tax and Immigration Practices.
Michael S. Fischman
Helene M. Freeman
Marc A. Landis
Charles P. LaPolla
Tod. M. Melgar
Karen A. Monroe
Jonathan R. Tillem
Andrew J. Tunick
Barry H. Fishkin
Evan J. Spelfogel