PatentPhillips Nizer’s patent attorneys have decades of experience in all facets of patent law, from litigating high stakes patent disputes before the U.S. district courts, Federal Circuit, Patent Trial and Appeal Board, and International Trade Commission, to securing patent rights in the United States and abroad, as well as, providing general patent client counseling on transactional issues including due diligence, opinions, licensing, and agreements.
Our patent attorneys have advanced technical degrees and many honed their patent litigation and procurement expertise at venerable intellectual property boutiques and prominent multi-national New York firms. At Phillips Nizer they now provide the same prowess and expertise more cost effectively, with more personal attention, and the agility and flexibility to meet clients' needs and budgets.
Our patent attorneys have represented clients from Fortune 500 companies to start-ups in a diverse range of industries, including, semiconductors, LED, lasers, computer systems and software technology, fashion, textiles, consumer products, manufacturing, industrial automation, food packaging, digital video/audio encoding and transmission, financial technology, medical devices and pharmaceuticals.
Our services include:
Patent Litigation: Patent Enforcement, Infringement Defense and Post Grant Reviews
- Plaintiff Litigation - Enforce plaintiff patent rights against infringers in the U.S. district courts.
- Defensive Litigation - Defend against patent infringement allegations in the U.S. district courts.
- Patent Challenges - Post grant proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) challenging and defending patent rights, including patent inter partes reviews (IPR).
- Cease & Desist - Investigate and analyze infringing activity, and prepare cease and desist notices.
- Amazon Neutral Evaluation Procedure - Represent patent owners and accused patent infringers in Amazon’s neutral evaluation process.
- Dispute Resolution - Negotiate patent disputes, including, through agreements and licenses.
Opinions & Transactions: Licensing, NDA, JDA
- Opinions - Prepare freedom to operate, non-infringement and invalidity opinions.
- Licensing - Prepare and negote patent license agreements.
- Joint Development Agreements - Prepare and negotiate joint development agreements for product development.
- Due Diligence - Provide assessments of patent and technology rights in M&A and investment transactions.
- Nondisclosure Agreements - Prepare and negotiate agreements related to invention and product disclosures.
- Employment Agreements - Prepare and review patent rights provision in employment agreements.
Innovative Protection: Preparation & Prosecution
- Patent Applications - Prepare and prosecute utility and design patent applications before the USPTO in a range of technologies, including, consumer products, ecommerce, mobile, mechanical, computer, electrical, and medical technologies.
AttorneysTod M. Melgar
Gerard A. Haddad